Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chad Ocho Crazy

I think Chad Johnson is great for the NFL. I have always thought that his crazy antics and touchdown celebrations have brought some fun into the "No Fun League." I even think Roger Goodell knows, but won't admit it. This story has been beat to death, but oh well. As you probably know, Chad Johnson legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco.

The Cincinnati Bengal receiver has legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., a switch that became official this week. Johnson, who lives in Miami, didn't return a message left on his cell phone Friday night.
Part of me wants to say that I think that this is absolutely crazy, while another part wants to say that this is marketing genius and a good laugh. What happens if he gets traded and can't wear #85? Is he screwed? Can he change his name back? (I'm assuming you can, I have never legally changed my name before.) But you also have to say that he could make a lot of money off of the new merchandise and brings some fun to the NFL on Sunday's. Because watching the Bengals play football certainly isn't fun.

I would also like to point out that 85 in Spanish is Ochenta y Cinco, but I think that is irrelevant here because no one cares how it is spelled/said.

Tomorrow I'll have a recap of yesterday's College Football and MLB action.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Or in French, he could be Chad Huit-Cinq