Saturday, September 6, 2008

In Today's College Football Action....

None of the games today are ones that would cause you to miss something important to watch. But there are some potential upsets that could happen today. In no particular order...

Ohio at Ohio State: This is just a tune-up game for the Buckeyes before the big game aganist USC. The only storyline for this game is that Chris "Beanie" Wells will not play in this game because of that toe injury, which I think is the right move by coach Tressel. I also think that if OSU gets out to a big lead at halftime, Terrelle Pryor should play the entire second half. OSU gets its 800th all-time victory.

Miami (Ohio) at Michigan: See my preview a couple of posts below. Let's hope Steven Threet starts today.

Connecticut vs. Temple: My upset for today. Temple will end the year being one of the most improved teams in the country, and it starts with beating UConn at home. I see a big game from quarterback Adam DiMichele today.

Oregon State at. Penn State: I think that the recent off the field issues and suspensions will distract the Nittany Lions, but they will still beat Oregon State. This will be the first time the school's have met, and Penn State is 22-11 all-time against Pac-10 teams. QBs Darryl Clark and Pat Delvin will lead the way for Penn State.

Cincinnati at Oklahoma: This won't be a walk in the park for Oklahoma, although I see them winning by a couple of touchdowns. This game pits two of the best offenses in the nation, so expect a high scoring game. Look for a good battle between the two offenses today.

Mississippi at Wake Forest: Wake Forest is the cream of the crop in the horrible ACC this year. Coming off a win against Baylor last week, the Demon Deacons will beat the Rebels in Houston Nutt's second game with Ole Miss.

Central Michigan at Georgia: I would love to see CMU beat Georgia at Georgia, but I don't see that happening. The game will be closer than you think though. I think Dan LeFevour is one of the best QBs in the nation (he ran and threw for more yards than Tim Tebow last year) and will help the Chippewas keep it close, but Georgia is just too good.

West Virginia at East Carolina: I think that the wind will play a big factor as will precipitation (100% chance of it) in this game. I am not hopping on ECU's bandwagon. West Virignia is considerably better than Virginia Tech this year, and I tihnk that Pat White carries the Mountaineers to victory. No upset #2 for ECU.

Other predictions: Notre Dame over SDSU, Flordia over Miami, Buffalo over Pittsburgh.

No comments: